Although summer is the peak time for selling Vancouver Washington new homes, sometimes it’s necessary for owners to sell during the winter.
It’s true that it can be harder to sell a home at this time of the year. People don’t move as much in the winter, and casual home shoppers aren’t out cruising around and visiting open houses on a whim. Sellers have to work a little harder to attract buyers. Luckily there are ways to stage your home to sell it in winter that aren’t feasible in the summer.
Here’s what you can do to stage your home for a cold-weather sale:
- Make it warm. Turn up the thermostat before viewings. Make sure all rooms are evenly heated.
- Keep it cozy. Light a fire if you have a fireplace. Dress up the sofa with fluffy pillows and a thick throw. Discuss holiday décor with your real estate agent. A little bit of décor can help buyers envision themselves celebrating in your house, but too much can be distracting.
- Play up delicious aromas, but don’t overdo it. With the house shut up tight for winter, a little scent can go a long way. Try baking bread or cookies, or using lightly scented diffusers.
- Let in lots of light. Invest in new or additional light fixtures if needed. Use warm white bulbs. Uncover the windows, especially if there’s a good view. Make sure the outdoor approach to your house is well lit.
- Clear the path. Shovel any snow on sidewalks and driveways, and put down de-icer.
- Show photos of your home in the summer, especially if you have a swimming pool, flower gardens or other summer-focused assets.
Looking to buy a new home in southwest Washington? Garrette Custom Homes builds in several communities in the Vancouver area.
Mountain Valley Estates – Battle Ground WA estate homes on acreage from $1.4M.
Kemper Grove and Vista Grange – Ridgefield WA 1+ acre home sites starting at $1M.
Tulip Meadows – Woodland WA 2-acre home sites with river views, starting in the mid $800s.
Spyglass Hill – Washougal WA homes on large lots starting in the upper $800s.
The Retreat at Rivers Edge – Kelso WA waterfront homes starting in the mid $400s.
Call Garrette Custom Homes today at 888-627-0013 to schedule a tour of any of our communities of Vancouver Washington new homes.Tags: homebuilder in vancouver wa, new homes for sale vancouver wa, new homes vancouver wa
This post was written by Garrette Custom Homes